North Scottish Golfers' Alliance
The Scottish Alliance Championship is a 54 hole event open to any member of any of the five area Alliances.
It is held annually in October (on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) and the venue rotates among the 5 regions.
The Scottish Golfers’ Alliance Championship
To be played at Dalmahoy Marriott Hotel & Country Club (East and West Courses)
Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, 15th, 16th & 17th October 2014
Please use BLOCK CAPITALS
Tel. No (Inc. STD): Mobile:
Home Club: Home Club SSS: Handicap (max 14):
Please tick appropriate category:- Professional □ Amateur □ Senior Amateur (over 55 years) □
The following must be signed by all entrants
“I declare I am a fully paid up member of Golfers’ Alliance”.
The following to be completed by Amateurs
“I declare that I have read the rules of amateur status issued by the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews, which came into effect on 1st January 1985 and confirm with them in every respect”.
The following to be completed by Amateurs and Professionals
“I declare that I have played in 25% of Alliance’s previous years fixtures”
“If I fail to qualify for the final day’s play of the Championship, I wish to play in the consolation competition on Friday over Dalmahoy West” (Yes / No)
Please return entry form with a cheque for £50.00 made payable to “Edinburgh & East of Scotland Golfers’ Alliance”, no later than Monday 29th September 2014 to :–
Mob: 07814 983582
E Mail: email@example.com
Alternatively entry form can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and an on-line banking payment of £50.00 to Bank of Scotland – Sort Code: 80-06-29 Account No.00901206 in name of Edinburgh & East of Scotland Golfers’ Alliance (E.E.S.G.A.) quoting your name as reference (e.g. A Golfer).
If e-mailing an entry it is on the condition that you comply with the appropriate declarations above.
“I verify that I comply with the declarations above that apply to me”. (Yes/No)____________
Conditions of Play 2014
2014 Scottish Golfers’ Alliance Championship
54 Hole Tournament - Conditions of Play
1. By courtesy of Dalmahoy Marriott Hotel & Country Club, the competition for the 2014 Scottish Golfers’ Alliance Championship will be played over Dalmahoy East and West golf courses on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, 15th, 16th & 17th October 2014.
Players must report to the host secretary to collect score cards and be on the tee at least 10 minutes before tee off time and ensure that their score cards are returned to the secretary at the end of the round.
2. The competition will be open to members of all District Alliance’s in Scotland and will be played in accordance with the R & A Rules of Golf.
3. The Competition will be played over 54 holes, consisting of two medal rounds (one Wednesday & one Thursday) thereafter a cut will take place and the top half of the field (on Scratch Scores) and those equalling, plus the top 10 handicap scores (if not included in the top half) will qualify for the final day of the Championship.
Those failing to qualify may enter a draw to play their final day over Dalmahoy West Course. Throughout the competition players will play in threes.
The Main handicap prizes will be decided over 54 holes. Further handicap prizes will be allocated for the non qualifiers competition. However those qualifying for the final day of the main competition cannot compete for the
non qualifiers competition, although they will be allowed to have a final round of golf.
4. The Scotsman Challenge Trophy: will be awarded to the best aggregate scratch score. In the event of a tie, there will be a play off.
5. The Mountbatten Cup: will be awarded to the Alliance returning the best aggregate of six scratch scores (not more than three of which may be Professional Golfers) if necessary all can be amateurs.
6. The Clydesdale Bank Quaich: will be awarded to the best aggregate scratch score by an amateur over the three rounds. (If an amateur wins the Scotsman Trophy, the Quaich will go to the second amateur as above). A play off will decide the winner if there is a tie.
7. The Caldwell Trophy: will be awarded for the best aggregate scratch score over first two rounds (Wednesday & Thursday) by a senior Amateur. A card play off will decide the winner if there is a tie.
8. The amount of the prize money will depend on the size of the entry and on any sponsorship.
9. An amateur golfer must declare on the entry form, his domestic handicap at his home club and the SSS of his home course. Maximum playing handicap allowed for the competition is 14.
10. Amateurs and professionals must have played in 25% of their home Alliance’s previous years fixtures
11. The entry fee will be £50 and must accompany a completed entry form. No refunds will be made.
12. An option to e-mail an entry form and make payment via on-line banking is available. Entry form should be e-mailed to host secretary at email@example.com and payment to Bank of Scotland - Sort Code: 80-06-29 Account No.00901206 in name of Edinburgh & East of Scotland Golfers’ Alliance (E.E.S.G.A.) quoting your name as reference (e.g. A Golfer).
13. Closing date for entries – Monday 29th September 2013. Late entries will incur an extra £20 administration fee.
14. Practice day – Tuesday 14th October 2014 can be arranged by telephoning Dalmahoy Golf Office on 0131 333 1845 or emailing request to firstname.lastname@example.org Cost will be £15 for East Championship course and £10 for West course. Professionals will be granted courtesy of the courses. Should competitors wish to book a practice time outwith the official practice day cost will be £25 for East and £20 for West. Again, professionals will get courtesy.
15. Competitors must conform to the rules of the club visited regarding dress on the course and in the clubhouse.
16. It is planned to have the draw e-mailed to district secretaries shortly after the closing date or entries.
17. Booking of any accommodation will be the responsibility of the individual competitors. Rooms are available at Dalmahoy Marriott Hotel for 3 nights from 14th October at Single - £100 per night, per room, b&b or Twin/Double £110 per night, per room, b&b. To book call reservations on 0131 333 1845 and quote either S41 or Scottish Alliance.
Also for the duration of the event Dalmahoy will make available to players their members discounted menu for snacks in the James Braid Bar and The Zest Restaurant.
18. The Council reserve the right to alter any of these conditions, to be the final arbiter in any dispute – entries will be limited to 144 but should demand exceed this limit it is hoped there will be some scope to increase the limit.
19. The ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the Scottish Golfers’ Alliance will be held within Dalmahoy Marriott Hotel & Country Club on Wednesday 15th October 2014 at 06.30pm.
|© 2010 North Scottish Golfers' Alliance|